As almost everyone. now that 2020 is here I’m setting some new goals and resolutions for the new year. And what a better way to keep me accountable but to announce them publicly.
- Goodreads Reading Challenge: 30 books. I completed 28 books in 2019 I guess I can do 30 this year.
- Complete my 2020 TBR Reading Challenge
- Read 1 ARC or indie/self-published book per month. When I started this blog I wanted to help indie/self-published author to have some more exposure. I started strong but towards the end of the years, I was caught into all those popular books I wanted to read and forgot about that goal. Time to get back on track.
- Read all my physical books on my TBR shelf. I don’t have a huge TBR, it’s around 8 books, but some of them are sitting there for 2 years. And I would like to bring it down so I can buy new books and not end up with a gazillion on books that I haven’t read.
Funny thing about those goals: if add the number of books form the last 3 goals we go wayyyy over the 30 books of my Goodreads Challenge. Which mean, either I’m going to surpass my Goodreads Challenge (yay!) or fail miserably in one of the other 3… Which one it’s gonna be?
- Post at least twice a week. I like structure and routines. And I’ve also read that posting regularly with a schedule is a good way to gain followers. So, ideally, I would like to post twice a week, maybe Tuesdays and Saturdays, and I would like one of them to be a weekly post like my First Impression posts. I haven’t decided all the details yet…
- Review all the books I read. Ok, this goal is here just here because I realised that at the beginning of 2019 I forgot to write reviews of a bunch of books that I’ve read. And now I feel that I don’t remember enough to properly review them so, just to keep myself accountable I’m putting this goal here.
- Interact more with other bloggers. I’m an introvert and I never know how to interact with other people. But there are so many amazing people out there and I want to get to know them. So I want to make an effort this year and interact with more bloggers and maybe make some friends.
- Blog every day of my New Zealand Holiday. New Zealand always was a dream destination for me (I blame the LOTR movies!) and after some years of saving, I’m finally able to go there! And because it’s such an important trip I would like to keep track of everything a do there. And I ask some of my fellow bloggers if they would be interested in me blogging my adventure, even if it’s not a book-related topic, and the answer was yes!
- Get my anxiety under control. I don’t have the worse case of anxiety that you’ll ever see but I do have issues. And a little bit before the end of the year I finally decided to do something about it and see a therapist. So I would like 2020 to be the year where I learn to get this issue under control and stop worrying so much about everything without an actual reason.
- Save some money. My New Zealand trip it’s going to (and already have) burn a huge hole in my savings (this is what savings are for). So now I need to build up my savings again.
- Exercise! I use to do Judo and I had to exercise 3 time a week back them. But then I moved to England, did a Master degree and now I have a full-time job. So exercising is usually something that I’m too lazy to bother with. But this needs to change! Since September I’ve been trying to go to the gym 3 times a week but I haven’t managed to be consistent (in my defence I have a hell of a could for a month!). So I would like to make it a habit this year.
- Start writing again. I started writing a book 2 years ago and am still very passionate about it but… The more I ready books the more I feel insecure about my writing and my story. But I do want to write this story so I want to put writing back into my routine. Don’t know when, I have very limited time, but I have to try!
Ok, here you have it. All my goals for 2020. What about you guys? What are your goals for 2020?